Wednesday 19 October 2016

A New Addition to Team BOSS

You may have noticed a little change in our social media presence of late and that’s because we have a fabulous new recruit to our ever-expanding Boss team. After a painstaking recruitment search over the summer looking for ‘the one’ we are delighted to introduce you to Alex Bee, our newly appointed Social Media Coordinator. With her everlasting love of everything social media, Alex couldn’t be more perfect for the job, earning the nickname already of Alex ‘Busy’ Bee. Alex has certainly been thrown into the deep end and is doing a sterling job already, introducing new exciting channels across the divisions and our first Snapchat account - get following ‘@bossmodelmanagement!'

Twitter: @alexbee_ Instagram: @beealex


Today is Alex's birthday and it seems like the perfect time to reveal our magnificent little treasure of a newcomer, Alex Bee to you all.

Apart from Alex Busy Bee, do you have any nicknames? 
At school because I played a lot of sport I NEVER got called my first name, it was always just ‘Bee.’ At university one of my friends started calling me ‘Big Al,’ which thankfully didn’t stick. My best friend and my sister call me ‘Ally,’ and my grandma calls me ‘Lexi Bee.’

What are three things on your bucket list?
1. I did some travelling after my A-Levels but I would still love to go to India and see all the amazing textiles there.
2. I studied Journalism at university so it would be really cool to have something I’ve written published in one of my favourite magazines like Vogue or Glamour.
3. I’d love to learn to windsurf properly. I’ve been before on holiday in Lake Como and it was so much fun!

Who is your favourite person in the world?
Since my birthday clashes with International Gin and Tonic day I’d have to give a shout out to Dr. Sylvius de Bouve – he invented gin in the 16th Century.

Do you have any/want any pets?
I have a really naughty dog called Lily at home and I want to get loads of guinea pigs!

What is your favourite family tradition?
On Christmas day we always go to the village pub and see pretty much everyone I've ever known which I love and then the neighbours come over to our house for a pub quiz in the evening. It’s always fun and usually messy as they all bring round their festive booze.

Where’s your favourite place in the world?
The woods at home in Somerset where I take my dog on really long walks.

What is your favourite movie/series and why?
My favourite movie is Submarine, it’s directed by Richard Ayoade from the IT Crowd and it is ridiculously funny. I could also watch Peep Show all day every day – it never gets old.

What was the last book you read?
We Were Liars by E.Lockhart. Read it - the twist is HUGE.

Do you have any secret talents that we should know about?
I can pull a pretty decent pint after working at pubs and bars forever!

Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you'd know_____.
I love pickled eggs. My brother even gave me some as a birthday present today.

Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most? 
Katy Perry, Bill Cunningham, Van McCann and Michael Eavis. I think they’d all get on well to be honest.

For the said meal above, what would be your perfect first course, main course and dessert, and drink?
Really soft mozzarella, tomato and basil salad followed by mac ‘n’ cheese and apple crumble, all washed down with a pint of Somerset cider (cloudy and strong, obviously).

If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
Free tampons for every woman! #thefutureisfemale

What makes you feel most alive?
Swimming in the freezing sea in Cornwall.

How are you enjoying/not enjoying your new job? (be careful how you answer now!)
I love everything - everyone at BOSS is always open to my weird ideas! Hanging out with the models does make me feel a bit short though!

What is the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I’m putting together a blog post with some amazing Halloween make-up from our BOSS Creatives. They are super gory and look incredibly realistic.







No comments:

Post a Comment