Thursday 17 November 2016

Meet Hannah: Front of House at BOSS HQ

The first face you see when you walk through the doors at our offices, Hannah has been behind the reception desk at BOSS since January. We caught up with her to see what an average day is like.



What’s the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?

The first thing I do in the morning when I wake up in bed is check my phone for the happenings around the world, most importantly, the news of my trusted bloggers on Instagram. My absolute favourite at the moment is Danish Stylist, Co-founder & Creative Director at Social Zoo, Pernille Teisbaek - my fashion icon. 



What’s a normal day like for you?

A normal day in the office is never really normal! Working in a modelling agency there isn’t a single moment of silence, there is always something going on. My day would always start with getting the train into our city centre office. I live around a 40-minute train ride away from Manchester, so travelling is a big part of my day, but it gives me time to sit down and read a magazine – lately I have been loving a magazine called KINFOLK. 

Any old Front of House role, in any other industry, is nowhere near a Front of House role at Boss Model Management. With Boss being one of the leading agencies in the North, there is always a million things to do, but this is what has made Boss exactly that. My usual day involves a lot of imaging: From getting photos sent in from clients and photographers, processing the images through our system, to editing the photos for our use and uploading them on to the website. It could also be filled up with Polaroid appointments - getting fresh shots of our models to send out to clients or agencies abroad. Most days I deal with children’s licenses but this is an extremely important part of my role. None of the children on our books would be able to work if they didn’t have license paperwork in order, so I’m there to make sure they do. 

Working at Boss Model Management is very different from any job I have ever heard of. It’s extremely full-on every day of the week, but I love it! 


 What do you love about your job?

My favourite thing about my job at Boss, is the fact that I get to do a bit of everything. My best days are when I get to be creative – I could be assisting on one of our children's shoots or I could have a full day of doing polaroids & castings.  

What do you enjoy least about your job?

The thing I enjoy the least about my job at Boss is the fact that I have to travel back and forth every day. I leave the house at 7.15am in the morning and I’m home around 7.15pm at night. It’s a long day, especially with the work pace that is Boss, but what I get out of every day makes up for it. 

How do you spend your downtime?

I spend all my downtime with my loved ones. Friends, family, boyfriend, boyfriend’s family and boyfriend’s dog – he’s called Harvey and he is the most beautiful Spanish water dog you will ever meet. I love going out at the weekend! As well as Manchester I like going to Liverpool because it’s a harbour city. I’m from Denmark and I grew up living a 10 minute walk from the beach, so being near the water is something very important to me.



What’s your bedtime ritual?

When I get in from work I love to take a nice hot shower to calm myself down from my otherwise probably very busy day. I love when I come out of the shower with a fresh face, freshly washed hair and get all cuddled up in my snug dressing gown, especially when it’s crispy cold outside. I always have a hot drink at night, sometimes I go for a liquorice and peppermint tea, other times I have a cheeky hot chocolate or a nice warming Horlicks. For bedtime entertainment, recently I have been very caught up in the British crime drama series The Fall. Series three is currently running on BBC. I am also a sucker for a good horror movie! I’m fascinated by the fact that image combined with sounds effects and aesthetic can make a person feel a certain way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment