Friday 25 November 2016

A day in the life of a model: Lucy Smith

With no two days the same in the modelling industry, we caught up with BOSS model Lucy to see how she spends her time on and off duty. 



My typical day can vary considerably. Some days I can have a job five minutes walk away in the Northern Quarter which is extremely handy, other days can be a train away to Liverpool, Leeds or London, but most of my work tends to be in and around Manchester. So depending on where my job is I'm usually up by 7am. I always start my day with a cup of tea to wake me up, and a bowl of porridge. After work I will try fit in a gym session before dinner. I live 5 minutes walk away from our gym, which means I have no excuse!



The best part of my job is that no day is the same. I tend to work with a really wide variety of companies including Giorgio Armani, Russell Hobbs, GHD, Harvey Nichols and Remmington. I get to meet so many amazing people and working on location can be exciting. Modelling has really pushed me out of my comfort zone and has given me more confidence.

I got into modelling when I was working full time in retail and Jennie scouted me in the NQ one evening, I thought it was a great opportunity for me to try something new! BOSS have been great and are always there to offer help and advice if needed. My second ever modelling job was a five day shoot in Iceland for outdoor brand Craghoppers. I have BOSS to thank for getting me some amazing experiences like this.

In my downtime during the week I go to the gym and swimming pool to stay toned. My friend and I are also going to take up horse riding again on weekends. Living in the NQ I try to make the most of city life with the abundance of bars and restaurants on our doorstep. My fiancΓ©e and I love having our friends over for meals out in the city. Both being from North Yorkshire, we travel back some weekends to visit family and friends. We are currently planning our wedding in France next June, and saving up to buy our first home together – it all makes me feel very grown up!



Three things people might not know about me are:

- The scariest most exciting thing I've ever done is jumping out of plane when I was 19, travelling in New Zealand - that was amazing! On the same trip I also volunteered in Vietnam helping to build houses for flood victims, followed by looking after endangered Wallabies in the Australian outback.

- Nutella is my guilty pleasure! I used to eat it out of the jar at uni!

- At the moment, I’m all about Planet Earth 2. I love listening to David Attenborough’s voice! 

See Lucy's full profile on our website now.

1 comment:

  1. Child Models Wanted Urgently-No Experience Required
    Apply Now to Become a Model. Free Training and Coaching. Free Pro Photo, We can advise and help your child to become a child model.

    ReplyDelete